Neuropathy & early childhood polio

Carlos Luria cdluria at innova.net
Thu Jul 25 13:21:19 EST 1996

I am a 68 year old male suffering from a very mild case of heredi-
tary ataxia, aggravated by a slowly increasing neuropathy. It is the
precise control of my lower legs and feet that appears to be most
affected.

I contracted what was diagnosed as polio at the age of six and it
affected my feet and legs only. After a year of physical therapy I
was able to walk normally once again and the incident faded from memory.
But recently I read about a post-polio syndrome that may develop in
older persons, and I'm curious whether there is any link between that
and the ataxia or neuropathy.

Please respond by e-mail as I do not check this news group very often.

cdluria at innova.net