Antique Electric Neuro Stimulator?

Dave Rule JZKV at MARISTB.MARIST.EDU
Thu Jul 25 09:02:45 EST 1996

Hi All,

Well, I'm *not* a neurologist, but a friend of mine has come into
an apparatus that seems "fascinating" (add Spock voice).  Anyway,
we're looking for any information on it that anyone might have.
So ....

It's an 1854 Patient Magneto machine.  It appears to be a machine
to produce and deliver electronic "shocks" to patients.  The
markings on the machine are as follows:

On top are the names "Davis & Kidder's", and the manufacturer is
"W. H. Burnap, 259 W. 27th Street, New York City".

The thing is in excellent shape, so we are curious as to what it
was used for (historical curiousity) and what, if anything, it
might be worth to a neuro science department?  (NOT looking for
profit -- got it free, but more looking for a good home!)

Thanx,  Dave Rule (Ph.D., Educational Psychology)

                                                    __
Dave Rule, Ph.D.                                   |  |
Assist. Prof. of Educational Psychology        ____|  |____
Marist College                                |____   _____|
Poughkeepsie, NY  12601-1387                       |  |
Voice: (914) 575-3000, ext. 2979                   |  |
Internet: David.Rule at Marist.edu                    |__|

    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of all knowledge
                      (Proverbs 1:7a)