Neural wires?

Sven Haul Sven.Haul at uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu Jul 25 09:15:46 EST 1996

In article <4t3t3a$6oi at newsbf02.news.aol.com>,
   radams2000 at aol.com (RAdams2000) wrote:
>Given a bucket full or neurons, and an eletrical signal source
>that represents an audio signal, how could you use the neurons to
>transmit the analog signal to a distant location in a way that
>it would be possible to reconstruct the original analog signal
>at the other end??

As far as I remember from the textbook, audio signals are coded in
the spike frequency (see, for example, Nicholls: From Neuron To Brain)
Or did you seek for _technical_ means to connect an audio source to
a bunch of neurons?

Regards,
Sven

--
Sven E. Haul                           Heinrich-Heine-University
Institute of Physiology II             Duesseldorf