Dendrites and oestrus cycle

JuneKK junekk at aol.com
Tue Jul 30 08:02:20 EST 1996

 The references you requested are as follows:

C. S. Woolley and B. S. McEwen, (1993) Roles of estradiol and progesterone
in regulation of hippocampal dendritic spine density during the estrous
cycle in the rat,  J. Comp. Neurol., 336:293-306

C. S. Woolley and B. S. McEwen, (1994) Estradiol regulates hippocampal
dendritic spine density via an n-methyl-D-aspartate receptor-dependent
mechanism.,  J. Neurosci., 14:7680-7687

C. S. Woolley, E. Gould, M. Frankfurt and B. S. McEwen, (1990) Naturally
occurring fluctuation in dendritic spine density on adult hippocampal
pyramidal neurons,  J. Neurosci., 10:4035-4039

M. Frankfurt, E. Gould, C. S. Woolley and B. S. McEwen, (1990) Gonadal
steroids modify dendritic spine density in ventromedial hypothalamic
neurons: a Golgi study in the adult rat,  Neuroendocrinology, 51:530-5

 cati at cogsci.ed.ac.uk (Catherine Collin) wrote:

<<A while ago i read something about dendritic spine densities varying
with the oestrus cycle of the rat. I would be very grateful if someone
could point me to a reference or references. >>