neurophysiology

Matthew O. Fraser mof at prophet.pharm.pitt.edu
Wed Jul 31 19:11:46 EST 1996

In article <4tnqg8$1gm at hobyah.cc.uq.oz.au>, s201430 at student.uq.edu.au
(Yuri Saalmann) wrote:

> With the arbitrary nature of reality expounded by quantum
> gravitationalists, what intrinsic value does neurophysiological research
> hold?

Hi Yuri,

Well, quantum physics describes a lot of space between particles, but I
wouldn't advise your trying to put you fist through a "spacious" brick
wall.  What works on one level of analysis doesn't always translate up,
scale-wise.

Many of the discoveries made by neurophysiological research have been
implicated clinically with great success.  The patients are helped.

I suggest that you don't allow yourself to get *too* caught up in the
arbitrary nature of reality on the quantum level.  The not so arbitrary
nature of reality on this level can be pretty cruel.

Regards,

Matt

--
Matthew O. Fraser                    "If you can't answer a man's
Department of Pharmacology            arguments, all is not lost.