"Slide show" program needed

Wilma B Veenhoe wveenhoe at uoguelph.ca
Wed Jul 31 15:46:55 EST 1996

	I am a masters student looking for a specific type of computer
program to use for a research project that I am involved in.  We would
like to display digitized pictures to experimental participants and
collect electrophysiological data during the session.  What we need is an
MS-DOS based program that is capable of displaying digitized pictures (ie.
PCX or other common formats) on a computer monitor in a "slide show"
fashion (ie.  the picture is presented for a specified duration and then
turned off).  We also need to be able to program a trigger signal into it
that will allow us to synchronize the stimulus onset with our EEG signals
so that we can collect ERPs, so the program would ideally be written in
QuickBasic or C++.
	I know there are programs for windows that could do the slide show
part, but we need a DOS program to ensure millisecond accuracy on the
trigger signal.  If anyone could provide me with or point me to such a
program that is either cheap or free, let me know here or by email.

Many thanks,

Wilma Veenhof
Dept. of Psychology
Brock University