Request for advice: safety of high frequency device (on scalp)

Ron Blue rcb1 at LEX.LCCC.EDU
Mon Jun 3 11:36:26 EST 1996

On Fri, 31 May 1996, Franz Beck wrote:

> This device is applied via a glass electrode in a brushing motion over the
> scalp, for approx 10 minutes. 200 000 Hz oscillating, claimed to be too rapid
> to stimulate motor or sensory nerves. Good effect in stimulating hair growth.
> Question: Is it safe for the brain?   Any research data?

Now that you mentioned it, I remember a report which I had meant to check
out but never did that 90 megahertz will cause nerve cells to divide.
Does anyone know anything about it.  Ron Blue