Cannabinoids Receptors Are Involved in Schizophrenia

James Howard phiskers at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jun 5 12:09:58 EST 1996

I have developed a theory of schizophrenia based on reduced production of
the hormone, DHEA.  You may read it at http://www.naples.net/~nfn03605 on
the web.  (I do not sell any product or service, nor am I attached, in
any manner or form, to anybody who does.)
I have long thought that so-called THC receptors are actually DHEA
receptors.  I explain the mechanism of sleep based, partly, on this
assumption.  (You may also read my mechanism of sleep at the same site.)
Anything that will interfere with access of DHEA to DHEA receptors will
interfer with the effects of DHEA.  When one smokes marijuanna, one does
just that.  This is why THC can cause symptoms similar to that of
schizophrenia.  I suggest LSD exerts its effects by binding more
tenaciously to these receptors and, in addition, to areas of the brain
that are very dependent upon DHEA for interpreting reality.  Look up the
structures; they very well could bind to a receptor designed for DHEA.  I
invite you to read my explanations.
James Howard