MRI Reaction During Cervical Scan

Francis344 francis344 at aol.com
Wed Jun 12 15:01:16 EST 1996

There are several well documented cases of increased ionic influx into
various types of cells.  These ions actually serve as a secondary
circulatory system, if you will.  The fact that they are charged particles
moving in a magnetic field fits the physical definition of an induced
electromagnetic field.  I do believe that what you experienced was an
adverse reaction by your nervous system to the magnetic field inside the
MRI chamber.  MRIs, as you probably know, work by polarizing a small
percentage of the atoms in your body and analyzing their decay back to
ground state.  This polarization may also be a cause of discomfort in many
thousands of patients undergoing MRI treatment.  See the following
reference for more information:

Levitt, B. Blake.  Electromagnetic Fields.  Harcourt Brace, 1995.

Francisco J. Farach
francis344 at aol.com

Student Researcher --> Biophyisical electromagnetic interactions\