Colour induction

Ron Blue rcb1 at LEX.LCCC.EDU
Thu Jun 13 09:16:02 EST 1996

On 12 Jun 1996, Administrador del Nodo wrote:
> Dear Ron,
>     Could you find time as to share in the list also the following
> data of the observational design on Nevin J. Miller III?
>
> 1) If black-and-white disk design was radial or concentric;
You are correct this was observed only on one design.  The card is
radial in construction.  The black/white display is divided into 1/2 black
 and 1/2 white.  Then in the white half there are three black lines that
are rotated 1/3 of the distance in the white field.  A total of 9 lines
are constructed over the white field and shifted 1/3 each time.
The white line between the black lines are equal distance and the same
width as the black lines.  The  width of the circle disk is about 6
inches.  1 inch equals 2.54 cm.
> 2) Which was its spatial frequency (pist broadness) and radial
>    variation (if any);
> 3) Eye-to-disk distance on experiment.
The student was allow to control the distance himself because I was looking
for the effect since he had stated he was color blind.  The distance was
about 18 inches.
 > 4) Size of the disk and its turns per second;
The speed was control by the student with a knob.  The equipment does
not allow knowledge of the speed.
> 5) Frequency of the alternate current mains in your country,
>    (or of that current which fed light tubes).

60 hertz.