human species survival dreams

Marianne C. Danielik mcdanie2 at hamlet.uncg.edu
Mon Jun 17 13:11:53 EST 1996

Yes, Wolf does go into a sort of anthropological analysis that the
so-called mass hallucinations of phenomena such as alien spacecraft or
troll, angels, incubusses, or fairy, etc. depend on the time period and
cultural environment.  However, he writes that these are not
hallucinations per se, that they are actually mental projections that have
taken material form, as far as I can tell, unless I'm misreading him.  He
believes (I don't pretend to know either way) that they are indeed
warnings that humans should take heed to address the problems of the
future of humanity.  He writes that the reason many accounts of at least
modern day aliens describe creatures who are very much in appearance like
starving children (big round eyes, extremely thin, etc.) and that this is
a symbolic sort of warning about our future as a species.