cell capacitance

Robert_Caudle at nih.gov Robert_Caudle at nih.gov
Tue Jun 25 13:23:50 EST 1996

It is extremely dificult to get an accurate measure of membrane
capacitance in a slice by electrophysiological means. The dendritic
arbor tends to be several length constants long, thus most of the
measured capacitance is simply the charging of the dendritic volume
rather than the membrane.

R. Caudle