Music/neuroscience

Birdie007 birdie007 at aol.com
Sat Mar 2 02:13:12 EST 1996

Hello everyone,
I am trying to get some research going regarding the cognitive
neuroscience of musical abilities, but I am overwhelmed by the
possibilities, and wondered if anyone out there had any spare brilliant
suggestions lying around.  Specific areas of interest:
     musical abilities as they relate (cognitively) to language
     the role of executive system functions in musical abilities
     the existence of discrete, independent musical functions - like
rhythm and pitch - are they really separate?  Interrelated?  Is there any
hope for localizing such things?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!  Private email especially
appreciated.
Thanks
Stephanie B. Carter
Birdie007 at aol.com