Intracellular Ca channel blockers

Anna Cowan Anna.Cowan at ANU.EDU.AU
Tue Mar 5 19:41:23 EST 1996

Does anyone know of any calcium channel blockers that can be used in a
patch pipette solution to block neuronal calcium channels from the inside.
I am aware of D600 which specifically blocks L type channels and also know
that fluoride ions block some calcium channels but also have other effects.
I am looking for either a broad spectrum calcium channel blocker, or
several more specific blockers so that a cocktail of drugs would block all
the channels.

Your help on this question is much appreciated.

Anna Cowan

Anna Cowan
Neurophysiology Group,
Div. Neuroscience,