Clinical neurophysiologist/electrodiagnostics

William H. Martin\ billy at SG25.AUD.TEMPLE.EDU
Tue Mar 12 08:48:21 EST 1996

Temple University Medical School and Hospital, Philadelphia, PA

We are looking to fill two positions in clinical neurophysiology and
electrodiagnostics. These individuals will be involved in
intraoperative monitoring of neurophysiologic activity during surgeries
in which the brain, spinal cord or peripheral nerves are at-risk for
damage due to the procedure. Outpatient and inpatient electrodiagnostic
testing will also be performed. We presently monitor cranial nerve
EMGs, ABRs including scalp, ECoG and CAP recording, upper and lower
SEPs, electrically and mechanically evoked EMG, pedicle screw
stimulation and peripheral nerve function in adults and children. We
are developing high intensity stimulators for VEP monitoring and are
gearing up to do single unit studies for movement disorder ablation
surgeries. Almost all of our work has some basic science research
overlay so we are looking for individuals with academic training and
interests in research. We are also developing our own monitoring
systems.

The senior position requires academic training in neuroscience and/or a
related field of bioengineering. A doctoral degree is ideal, but not
necessary. Clinical experience in electrophysiology is necessary. This
person must be able to adapt to new situations, work independently and
oversee other electrophysiologists.

The second position requires clinical experience and some academic
background in a related field and flexibility.

For more information, contact Dr. William Martin
billy at flower.aud.temple.edu