electromagnetics, brain wavbes, and consciousness

jappel21 jappel at op.net
Thu Mar 14 10:48:23 EST 1996

On 9 mar 96 Fred Zaman said <.. understanding of electromagnetic
induction may open the door to a general knowledge... of the living
state of biologic matter>.
	This suggestion excites me because I have long thought biologic energy
must be electromagnetic energy. So to find someone, clearly
knowledgeable of electrodynamics, apparently thinking along the same
lines lends credibility to the notion.
	The biosphere is a mechanism to use electromagnetic energy from the
sun. Plants collect and store the energy and animals use it interacting
with the environment to survive and reproduce.  In animals, adenosine
tri-phosphate is reduced to adenosine bi-phosphate, releasing electrons
which activate myofibrils to contract striped muscle. This enables the
animals, to do things to get what they need from the environment, namely
food [stored energy], safety, companionship.
	So Fred, or anyone, please tell me if you agree, or where this notion
is wrong

								J.W.Appel M.D.