fixing for ihc

William Sun william at neuro.usc.edu
Thu Mar 21 22:29:22 EST 1996

This is a question for people who routinely do immunohistochemistry.  I
am wandering about the degree of fixation necessary to achieve the best
results.  Is there a danger of "over-fixing"?  I perfuse rats with about
300 ml of 4% paraformaldehyde and 0.025% glutaraldehyde over 6-7 min.  If
you have a better protocol, please reply.  Thanks.

-William

--
William Sun, Ph.D.                     Phone: (213)740-3406
University of Southern California      FAX:   (213)740-5687