RSD - Anything New?

Kalman Rubinson rubinsnk at is2.nyu.edu
Fri Mar 22 21:13:54 EST 1996

I am hoping that someone has some new information on reflex sympathetic
dystrophy.  While I have read and consulted locally, the general
understanding is that there is only theory about the basis and that nerve
blocks and physical therapy is the prescription.

A friend of ours has recently developed the symptoms and is suffering
from the pain and inflammation but the treatment has not improved her
condition.  Is there anything new in the way of understanding and treatment?

Kal