Spike Studio (programmers?)

Eli Meir meir at zoology.washington.edu
Sat Mar 23 13:55:58 EST 1996

PLEASE PASS THIS MESSAGE ON to anyone you thing might be interested!

I have been maintaining a free program called Spike Studio which is a
fairly widely used neurophysiology data aquisition and analysis
program.  It collects data from three common digitizing boards (NI, GW,
IT) on macintosh computers, picks out spikes or bursts, and outputs a
variety of information about these in either text files or as graphs.
It can also do data averaging, nice printing, and a bunch of other
stuff.  The older version is available on many macintosh anonymous ftp
sites.

I have written a new version of the program, including an update to the
PowerPC.  I do not own a GW or NI digitizing board, and I have been
having trouble getting the PPC version of the program to work with
either of those (and the 68K version seems to be having some troubles
now too).  Is there anyone out there who is a programmer, might be
interested in this type of software, and would be willing to compile it
on your machine and try to figure out what's wrong?  It shouldn't be a
hard debug, since the program used to work on 68K machines and I
haven't changed any of the digitizing code.  In return, I would buy you
a compiler if you don't have one.

Also, if any of you are particularly ambitious, I would like to pass
the program off to someone else.  I am no longer working in
neurobiology, and so find that I don't have the time to properly
maintain the program.  I can't offer too many incentives for someone to
take this on, but you would have the possibility of making money doing
consulting work (I've made quite a bit for a grad student), and would
get your name on a program that's used by a couple dozen labs (at
least).  If you're interested, please email me at the address below.

Thanks,

Eli Meir
Dept of Zoology, Univ of Washington
meir at zoology.washington.edu