HELP - liquid diet for rats

jeff markham markham at ucla.edu
Thu Mar 28 10:26:37 EST 1996

In article <4jbk9f$i4a at cronkite.ocis.temple.edu>,
mcicheli at astro.ocis.temple.edu (Martha J. Cichelli) wrote:

> Can anyone help me find detailed info about a nutritionally adequate liquid
> diet for rats?.  I also need advice on creating two versions of this diet with
> equal calories, one with significant amounts of ethanol and one without.

You should contact a company called BioServe. They make a wide range of
diets for this purpose. The diets come in a powder form that you weigh out
and mix with the desired water/alcohol mixture. I don't have their
phone/address with me but if you can't track them down send me e-mail and
I will look it up. BioServe usually has a display at the major meetings
(e.g., Soc. Neuroscience) so you can also get their address/phone from the
abstract volumes.

Jeff Markham
UCLA