feedback requested on new FAQ

Kate Jeffery kate at anatomy.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Nov 7 05:53:55 EST 1996

In article <lfarber-0611960126120001 at news.cc.uic.edu>, lfarber at uic.edu (Len Farber) writes:
> The Union of Myopic and Presbyopic Scientists has a preliminary version of
> its FAQ on scientific presentations.
>
> The purpose of this FAQ is to try to improve the readability and
> legibility of scientific poster and slide presentations from the
> perspective of those with less than perfect vision.
>
> The FAQ is located at http://www.uic.edu/~lfarber/UMPS_FAQ.html.
>
> It may provide last minute suggestions before the Annual Meeting.
>
> In any event, comments and suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Len Farber
> lfarber at uic.edu
>
> --
> Len Farber
> lfarber at uic.edu

Just one comment (I think it is a great idea btw):

it was pointed out to me recently that 10% of the male population have a
greater or lesser degree of red-green colourblindness, and that using those
colours to differentiate data groups etc on graphs makes it very difficult.
It's something I never thought of before but I try not to use those colours
together now, in presentations.

Kate Jeffery
kate at anatomy.ucl.ac.uk