unconscious attention

kenneth paul collins KPCollins at postoffice.worldnet.att.net
Tue Nov 12 21:11:13 EST 1996

Kevin Spencer wrote:

> Kenneth, I was referring to the literature on human information processing
> and the cognitive neuroscience of attention.  My use of the terms
> "unconscious" and "attention" are grounded in that literature, and it seems
> from your post that you use these terms differently in your theory.  If you
> disagree with my above statement, then you may be disagreeing with well over
> 40 years of research and applications.  That is a choice you are certainly
> free to make, but I doubt you would be making it with any substantial
> experimental support.

The rationale for developing "Duality Theory", the unified theory of CNS
function, cognition, affect & behavior that I'm discussing in this newsgroup,
was that, although all of the experimental results necessary to develop such a
theory were in the literature, no synthesis existed in the literature. I mean
no offense, just the opposite, but the 40 years of research that you cite is
in need of updating. And the updating will differ from that which it updates.
This is what I've done, and from which I addressed my comments. And I stand on
what I posted. ken collins