Undergraduate Neurophysiology Lab

Ph. Lebrun plebrun at fysp1.vub.ac.be
Fri Nov 15 07:56:36 EST 1996

In article <56ggj7$6aa at lace.colorado.edu>,
	msjones at rintintin.Colorado.EDU (JONES MICHAEL STEPHEN) writes:
>I was wondering if anyone would like to share ideas for experiments
>that would be appropriate for a junior/senior level neurophysiology
>lab. We are re-evaluating our course syllabus and are considering new
>topics to add to the lab. The topics currently covered are the following:
>
>- Four weeks or so of anatomy (sheep brain dissection)
>- AP conduction using the frog sciatic
>- Equivalent Circuits
>- EEG (human)
>- Retinal Mapping
>- Intro to Histology (rat brain Nissl stain)
>- Demonstration of stereotaxic surgery

Here we have:
- EMG measures and relation to muscle force
- Neuromuscular junction excitability
- Sensory and motor nerve conduction velocity
- Hoffman's reflex

- visual, somatosensory, and acoustical evoked potentials.

In general, the equipment is quite simple, mostly stimulators and
oscilloscopes, as well as a few computers equipped with pre-amps
and data acquisition cards.

-philippe