Quantum Physics and Neurons

Marcus Taeuber Marcus.Taeuber at biologie.uni-regensburg.de
Sun Nov 17 08:03:05 EST 1996

Hi colleagues,

I wonder whether phenomena of quantum physics might have an effect at
the level of biological molecules and mechanisms such as in neurons.
I know that the Planck quantum is quite small and its direct effects
are basically only realized in the mikrokosmos, but there might be for
example long-term effects, however, in an indirect manner.
It would then be interesting to speculate about effects on
thinking, free will, conscious and so on, but also on the evolution
of the brain itself.
Can anyone provide me with information on this branch?