Today libraries, tomorrow the world

Ron Blue rcb1 at LEX.LCCC.EDU
Tue Nov 19 16:56:51 EST 1996

On Tue, 19 Nov 1996, Arthur T. Murray wrote:
> Whereas commercial airlines are a prime vector of such physically
> infectious agents as tuberculosis, AIDS and Ebola,  libraries and
> librarians are the ICBM of fast, reliable delivery for the deadly
> infections known as "memes" -- the parasitic viruses of the mind.

Interesting thought and reasonably corrrect.  All ideas and beliefs
are likely be weighted.  Thoughts and memories interact with mental
viruses of the mind and become effected by them.  The question is what
does one do if your mental hard drive is effected by such a thought?

I had the priviledge of transmitting a new virsus to the mind of
Bernie Baars called the Correlational Opponent-Processing virus.  He said
his mind hurt for days.  He seems to be find today without any lasting
effect.  Of course the virus of information he transmitted to me
was immediately integrated under the COP model.  So it seems some
virus are stronger than others.   Only time will tell which ones
will be transmitted into the future.

Ron Blue