Single thoughts (was Re: Hitting head, seeing stars: answer)

Hannah Dvorak hdvorak at cns.caltech.edu
Fri Nov 22 16:32:17 EST 1996

In article <skerrett-2211961122300001 at 10.0.2.15>, skerrett at world.std.com
says...
[snip]
>Now I'm hoping that someone might be able to help answer a question about
>the amount of energy it takes to think a single thought. A few readers
>have already tried, but nothing specific enough yet for a solid answer.

I think you'll have to define "single thought" before you can determine
the energy required to think one.  Can you think a "single thought" in
isolation?  Can thoughts be discretized?  It seems to me that mental
activity, at least my own, is a continuous stream from which it would
be difficult to isolate any one thought.

Just a few thoughts... (how many?)

- Hannah Dvorak

--
Hannah Dvorak