Prefrontal cortical anatomy

melvnr at hg.uleth.ca melvnr at hg.uleth.ca
Sun Nov 24 20:05:44 EST 1996

ist of a survey of the anatomy, and physiology of the PFC, and will concentrate on a comparative approach; namely, a comparison of rat, monkey and human aspects of the PFC. However, I've come upon some "stumbling blocks". It seems that various authors use different terms for the same PFC area in the different species mentioned above. Can anyone give me any info or references that may be able to help me with this problem? One particular aspect that is confusing for me are the terms "orbital frontal" and "orb
itofrontal cortex". According to Fuster, these terms refer to different PFC regions in different species. HELP!!!!!
Please respond via e-mail.