Suspended Animation Project

Ron Blue rcb1 at LEX.LCCC.EDU
Tue Nov 26 21:02:47 EST 1996

On 26 Nov 1996, Richard Kerr wrote:
> A questionable goal for no remuneration with little resources and bugger-all
> chance of success......good luck chum, you'll need it.
> OTOH, there's a sucker born every minute.

The chances of success is not high, I agree.  But I was wondering if
after freezing the brain in liquid nitrogen if it might be possible
to get around the ice crystal barrier by raising the brain say to
-20 degrees F. and then expose the brain to 10 atmospheres of 100 degrees
F. helium.  The helium should easily go through the tissue and push
the tissue past the critical temperature that ice crystals form.
Ron Blue