Sneezing

Scott Jacoves sjacoves at credit.erin.utoronto.ca
Thu Oct 3 00:09:24 EST 1996

I'm laughing as I write this, because I first heard of this unfortunate
side effect when I was five.
	Okay, I can't really saw for sure if a sneeze kills brain cells.
There's a temporary increase in sinus pressure, and I'm not sure if that
would do anything. My only real comment is that I'm somewhat stumped on
coming up with an experimental design to test the hypothesis. Induce
animals to sneeze and then search for unlocalized damage? That sounds a
bit more tedious than most neurological techniques.

	I do have a question on sneezing, though. Does anyone have any ideas
why one seems to have a greater chance of sneezing than normal when they
step outside and into bright sunlight?