Please advise me on the choice of a graduate course.

Tatsuto Ishimaru tatsuto.ishimaru at christ-church.oxford.ac.uk
Fri Oct 4 10:33:35 EST 1996

Dear Sir,
I am a Sewnior Biochemistry student at the University of Oxford, UK.  I
am planning to further continue the academic work to obtain Ph.D in US.
Although of biochemical background, my interests lies in neuroscience,
especially in the subject of neurogenesis and plasticity in mammalian
embryo, child and adult.  Preferably I would like to study signalling
and cell cycle involved in neurogenesis, but I am not certain if there
are other more exciting themes in the subject. My interests
originates from possibilities of cure for spinal injuries such as  spina
bifida.

ALthough I am determined to enter an American graduate program, I have
little informations concerning which course to choose.  Therefore I
would like to ask you to advise me on the following points.
 1) Which universities have a strong research team(S) in the area of
    neurogenesis?
 2) Should I choose a Neuroscience program, or do Biology,
    Developmental  Biology or Cell and Molecular biology suit me better?

Thank you very much for your kind consideration.
						Sincerely yours,
						Tatsuto ISHIMARU