DIG vs 35S for in situ hybridization

William Sun william at neuro.usc.edu
Mon Oct 7 16:12:04 EST 1996

Hello all,

I wish to do some in situ hybridization studies looking at the expression
of a specific gene in rat and rabbit brain sections.  I would like to
know the advantages and disadvantages of using DIG and 35-S as the means
for detection.  Also, I am considering using riboprobes.  If you have
reasons as to why DNA oligos might work better, please let me know.
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.

-William

--
William Sun, Ph.D.                     Phone: (213)740-3406
Neuroscience Program                   FAX:   (213)740-5687