ECT

Dave Curtis dcurtis at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Mon Oct 7 22:48:05 EST 1996

kenneth paul collins wrote:
> ...I don't disagree that, currently, what's been referred to as "depression" does
> constitute a major problem... but, within my means to do so, I'll gladly go before
> any Scientists, anywhere, to demonstrate that what you've posted is incorrect... it

OK, I'm a scientist (sorry, Scientist, you illiterate moron).
Demonstrate away. Ho, hum.

> is, in fact, the general failure to recognize what "depression" actually is that has
> artificially created a life-threatening "psychological disorder"

Let me rejig your sentence into clearly understood English:

"Depression" is a life-threatening disorder because of a general failure
to understand what it is.

There seems to be an implication that if only it were understood what
depression was then it wouldn't be life-threatening. Please enlighten
us. I can hardly wait.

--
Dave Curtis                     Tel   : +44-171-377-7729
Dept Adult Psychiatry           Fax   : +44-171-377-7316
3rd Floor Outpatient Building   Email : dcurtis at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Royal London Hospital           WWW   :
http://www.gene.ucl.ac.uk/~dcurtis/
Whitechapel, London E1 1BB, UK