electronic brain stimulation

Diane Pritchatt diane at bnclib.demon.co.uk
Mon Oct 7 03:34:48 EST 1996

In article <534b48$fgb at sjx-ixn5.ix.netcom.com>, margec1 at ix.netcom.com
>Students at my high school need information about electronic brain
>stimulation... is it a frequent course of therapy for any diseases,
>what is done to the patient, what are the results, where can we find
>other information about it.

Okay, I'm not a doctor, but i work in the Neuroscience Unit at the QE hospital.

One of our surgeons is particularly interested in Parkinson's Disease (PD), and
I understand that there is a form of electronic stimulation to a part of the
brain used in neurosurgery for PD.  You could perhaps check this out in the
book: Appuzzo, M.  Brain surgery.
Hope this gives you a bit of a start.
Diane Pritchatt