Request: Hodkin-Huxley parameters for mammalian cells

Ward Tomlinson tomlinson at bio1.bio.th-darmstadt.de
Tue Oct 8 02:16:23 EST 1996

I want to do physiological simulations of mammalian neurons in the
auditory system.  I have the simulator (GENESIS), but the only
parameters that are available are for squid axon.

To be precise, what I am looking for are the parameters for equations
for alpha and beta as a function of voltage for the activation of
sodium and potassium channels in generic mammalian CNS (if there is
such a thing) at 37 degrees.

References would also be appreciated, however,
our local libraries are poor, so I will have to do interlibrary loan
for papers other than Science or Journal of Neurophysiology.