Request: Hodkin-Huxley parameters for mammalian cells

Matt Jones jonesmat at
Tue Oct 8 13:42:51 EST 1996

In article <53cul3$18t8 at> Ward Tomlinson,
tomlinson at writes:
>References would also be appreciated, however,
>our local libraries are poor, so I will have to do interlibrary loan
>for papers other than Science or Journal of Neurophysiology.

You might try Traub, Neuroscience 7, p1233 '82.   I don't know whether
these parameters were determined directly from mammalian cells or taken
from other sources, but the simulations are for a hippocampal neuron
(presumably mammalian). Also see more recent papers by Traub, R.D., Wong,
R.KS. and Miles R.