3D reconstruction of neuronal tracing images

Harald v. Campenhausen hcampenh at POSTMAN.RIKEN.GO.JP
Thu Oct 10 00:47:06 EST 1996

Hi,

I am looking for a software that enables me to make a three-dimensional
reconstruction of dendritic and axonal trees labeled by conventional
tracing methods. The software whould enable me to combine the tracing
information of (many)  serial sections.

I am also looking for a software that can align images of brain slices
to a complete brain. The sections contain areas that are stained with
antibodies. In the resulting three dimensional reconstruction I want to
be able to see which areas contain the antibody staining.

I am currently using a Powermac in my lab.

I appreciate any suggestion--
Harald von Campenhausen

(wk.)  Laboratory for Neural Recognition Molecules
         Frontier Research Program
         RIKEN
         2-1, Hirosawa, Wako
         Saitama 351-01