SOS!!!!, Brother-in-law needs help

Charles Snyder crs873 at gnn.com
Thu Oct 10 20:49:41 EST 1996

HELP,
My brother in law has come down with some type of strange neorological
disorder.  Last Wednesday (3/20/96) He awoke with a slight fever and a severe
loss of both long-term and short-term memory.  My sister took him to the
hospital in Indy, the Neurologist there could find no clear cause.  His
symtoms include: short term memory loss, a sense of confusion between
dreaming and waking states, at first a slight increase in his systolic blood
pressure.  His long term memory seems better now, but he still is confused
about short term memory.  The neorologist in Indy ordered CAT scans and MRIs
and could find nothing abnormal.  The nurses at the hospital mentioned
something about this maybe a new virius.  I also heard the very end of a
story relating to some new virius with a odd name that I cannot remember, on
Canadian Radio's "As It Happens", I do not know if these are related.  The
doctors did ask if he had recently been to California or the west coast.

If any one has any information please Email me back.  I do not know anymore
details at this time.  If you have some concerns or need further questions
leave me a message and I will get you in contact with my sister.  Thank you
for your help!!!
Charles Snyder  Bedford, KY