A Matter of Life and Death and Neuroscience

kenneth paul collins KPCollins at postoffice.worldnet.att.net
Fri Oct 11 18:10:55 EST 1996

I've received the following email from Ron Blue:

> On Thu, 10 Oct 1996, kenneth paul collins wrote:
> > I have been participating in this forum in the hope that my
> > interaction with folks here would win a hearing for a
> > unified theory of central nervous system (CNS) function,
> > cognition, affect and behavior, "Duality Theory", that I
> > have developed over the course of the past 25 years.
> Kenneth,
> I know enough of your model to know that you are correct because it
> matches reasonble close to my model of correlational opponent-processing
> and the AI developed by Neurtronics Technologies Corporation.
>
> The problem is NOT you but the fact that you are going against
> the zeitgeist.  Since we have succeed with our models and your
> model is similar naturally we might ask what can you ADD to our
> understanding.  Do you have a complete copy of your model that
> you can share in ASCII.  I believe I try to get a copy before but
> you had it in postscript or something that I could not read.
> Ron Blue
>
> Correlational Opponent-Processing: A Unifying Principle
>
> Abstract:
>
> KEYWORDS: correlational opponent-processing, opponent process,
> wavelets, neuro net, excitatory, inhibitory, EXIN, oscillation,
> holographic, eigenfunction, chaos, nerves, habituation, discorrelation,
> memory, sensations, perceptions, emotions, evolution, brain damage
>
> The correlational opponent-processing theory using wavelets, quasi-
> holographic memory and eigenfunction equivalence generates new insights
> into many areas of psychology.  The model seems especially strong in
> joining many contradictory scientific facts into an unifying whole.
> Significant implications from the model exist for a wide range of
> psychological topics and principles.
>
> The correlational opponent-processing theory is a neuro homeostasis
> integration psychological immune theory that would connect phenomena
> such as sensation, perception, movement, habituation, memory,
> representations, learning, cognition, personality, psychopathology,
> paradoxical integration, emotion, and evolution of the mind under a
> unified theory.
>
> All brain activity may be viewed as an effort to assimilate and
> accommodate all experience into neuro-energy-efficient eigenfunction
> equivalence or quasi-holographic correlational opponent-processing
> recordings.
>
> Stimuli causes brain wave modulations which interact with carrier or
> reference wavelets.  This interaction creates a quasi-holographic
> stimulus wavelet.  The opponent-process creates an opposing quasi-
> holographic memory wavelet.  Through this process the correlations or
> associations of experience are encoded to memory.  Every wavelet,
> regardless of source or type, triggers an opposing wavelet.  The
> function of the opposing wavelet or feedback is to diminish the
> intensity of neural processing.  A wavelet potential is stored or hard
> [...]

...the development of my work is throughly-documented... my work was done on
behalf of those who suffer under the yoke of prejudice... I cannot do anything
"behind closed doors", because, in doing so, there would arise the possibility
that my right to present my work to those for whom it was done could be called
into question... I'll do =nothing= that can possibly separate me from those for
whom my work was done... K. P. Collins