seeking references for visual pathwayv

Jeroen Schaap Schaap at
Fri Oct 11 10:44:10 EST 1996

In article <325D9FC1.41C67EA6 at>,
   Steven Funk <steve at> wrote:
>	I am working on my masters thesis which requires a detailed
review of
>the visual pathway.  I am starting with the biochemistry of
>transduction, moving through to the cerebral cortex, maybe going as far
>as V4.  I have a starting list of references, which I will include
>but it seems to be rather limited.  If you have any suggestions for
>articles that may be good to read about any part of the visual pathway,
>please let me know.  Thank you.
>Steven L Funk

I am working on the electrophysiology of the visual input of
the suprachiasmatic nucleus. On a quick glance of your references I
couldn't decipher any SCN articles. Maybe nice to include; a review on

Meijer J.H. and Rietveld W.J.; 'Neurophysiology of the Suprachiasmatic
nucleus in Rodents'. Physiological Reviews Vol 69 (1989) 671-707

As far as I know they're still no textbooks on the subject, although two
are in preparation. If you need more neuroanatomy, you should look for
references of R.Y. Moore; he is the authority on the subject.
(RetinoHypothalamic Tract and SupraChiasmatic Nucleus)

There is still one book missing heavingly on your list: The texbook of
Kandell and Schwartz. I have it at home; it's called something like 'The
principles of neural science'. I think you'll find there quit an
extensive story about visual pathways; it's a pity the SCN is only very
shortly mentioned.

Success with your thesis!