regarding Duality theory

Sean Hill shill at iphysiol.unil.ch
Mon Oct 14 10:27:30 EST 1996

I'm a bit surprised to see the number of people arguing with Kenneth Collins.

If you had all taken up his offer to read his text (A brief introduction to
Duality Theory) which he made available as an electronic text you would
understand Mr. Collins' work better.

I received this program/text combination via e-mail from Mr. Collins and was
pleased by his courteous and prompt reply including his text.

As it turned out the text was very poorly written including virtually no
references and defining no terms clearly.  The key process of T/D E-I
minimization of which we have heard so much, is never defined in any clear
sense be that mathematically or otherwise.  It appears Mr. Collins, however
arrogant or well-meaning, has spent 25 years either going quite mad or has
found himself unable write a clear description of anything which he has
discovered.  He certainly has looked at some neuroscience literature and has
some keywords nicely splashed throughout the text. However there is virtually
nothing in the entire text which is either clear or consistent.

After having closely looked at this token of Mr. Collins 25 years of research
easily convinced me of it's value and the amount of time I would choose to
consider it further.

I'm sure Mr. Collins would be glad to share his hypertext with the rest of
the world to judge for themselves.  Don't take my word for it.

Cheers-
Sean