A Matter of Life and Death and Neuroscience

Lee Kent Hempfling lkh at mail.cei.net
Fri Oct 11 13:35:07 EST 1996

I had to go to Dejanews to find this since my news server is once
again on the frits...........

>>Article 61 of 273

>>Subject:      Re: A Matter of Life and Death and Neuroscience
>>From:         kenneth paul collins
>><KPCollins at postoffice.worldnet.att.net> Date:         1996/10/11
>>Services Mime-Version: 1.0 Newsgroups:   bionet.neuroscience X-Mailer:
>>    Mozilla 2.01E (Win95; I)

>>[snip]

>> I expect the same from anyone dealing with this company's
>> technology and I respect their doing so. The more challenge the
>> better. My intention was to keep any response private so as not to
>> interfere with your intentions of publishment.  Then.

>> I did not THEN address your original letter to the group. I
>> shall withhold comment on the letter based upon your response
>> here. Publicly, I might add.

To which Mr. Collins replied:

>...frankly, your "questions" seem to me to be more of an
>"inquisition" than any other one thing... they they do not deal
>with the Neuroscience... Duality Theory is a theory in
>Neuroscience, not "money" stuff... let us go our separate ways... ken
>collins

Mr Collins;
You have a great deal of growing up to do. The above response is an
egotistically childish act. You hop on to a newsgroup of neuroscience
using terms to fit your own design, creating a new form of
'mathematics' to fit your own design and then plead for someone to
listen. Someone does listen enough to want to hear more and instead
of presenting what it is you demanded to be able to present you act
as if you are being personally attacked and refuse discussion. First
of all: If you can not handle questions and consider requests for
definitions to be a inquisition then the theory you hold will be
judged on its creator's refusal to act adult instead of on its own
merits. Secondly: The questions DID deal with neuroscience , if you
can not relate to them, say so. If you can not divulge something ,
say so. If you can not release parts of your information for
proprietary purposes, say so. But to refuse to discuss what it is
that you wanted discussed is down right infantile.

You consider that perhaps since a corporation's executive officer
inquired about specifics of your theory that such inquiry is 'money
stuff' and not neuroscience you have a much longer way to go before
anyone will take you seriously. Believe me, I've been at the stage
you are now and if I would have taken the same arrogant stance you
are taking there would be no corporation today, let alone working
machinery to prove the points raised.

I quote from your OWN plea:

>I have been participating in this forum in the hope that my
>interaction with folks here would win a hearing for a
>unified theory of central nervous system (CNS) function,
>cognition, affect and behavior, "Duality Theory", that I
>have developed over the course of the past 25 years.

You were given the opportunity to have that hearing. It was presented
to you in private email and you refused saying it was only possible
to discuss in public. Then you were given the opportunity, without a
single bit of editing from the private email to do so in public and
now you refuse.

>Duality Theory provides an integrated treatment of the
>functioning of every major nuclear group that exists within
>"the" CNS. Everything within the theory reduces directly to
>the proven Neuroscience experimental results. Because of
>this, I can take Duality Theory before any Scientists,
>anywhere, with absolute certainty that the theory will
>survive all challenges.

Oh you can? Well, you were given the opportunity. Now you refuse to
do so. You were given simple (MAKE THAT: elemental) challenges for
definitions alone. Nothing that would have made you work too hard and
your response is that

>...frankly, your "questions" seem to me to be more of an
>"inquisition" than any other one thing... they they do not deal with
>the Neuroscience...

You use a term of Copenhagen Interpretation, Duality. Yet refuse to
define how it is you use it. You were asked to define:

1: Define Duality as you use it in the theory title.
2: Would you provide a brief synopsis of the main thrusts , the major
point of the theory?
3: Would you be so kind as to define the
following terms as it relates to the theory?