micro mods to neurons

kenneth paul collins KPCollins at postoffice.worldnet.att.net
Mon Oct 14 07:42:58 EST 1996

kenneth paul collins wrote:

> ...I disagree with you, Colleen... the micro mods which underpin memory are
> well-documented... if what you are saying is that folks don't know how to point
> exactly to the micro mods that encode, say, the memory of one's first kiss, I
> agree with you that Neuroscience is not yet capable of pinning down the micro
> mods pertaining to such specific memories... if that was your point, I agree with
> you...

...wait-a-minute, I can domuch better than that... the "engram" is distributed... and the
distributed engram can, even now, be specified =exactly= ...this exactness exists in the
neural activation "state" =convergence= dynamics... which always coincide with TD E/I
minimization as I've discussed it in prior msgs...

...good grief! I fell into the falsehood of speaking of a "specifically-localized"
("non-distributed") memory trace... no such thing exists...

...so I retract my agreement with Colleen, and revert to the (verifiably-correct) position
I'd discussed in a prior msg... K. P. COllins