micro mods to neurons

kenneth paul collins KPCollins at postoffice.worldnet.att.net
Mon Oct 14 18:42:30 EST 1996

kenneth paul collins wrote:

...one more thing while things are focused on this stuff...

> what's needed is to give grad students =wide= and =detailed=
> experience in Neuroscience... what's needed is to study widely in the
> library...

...but, hey, that'd be a lot of =work=...

...so instead of embracing understanding, nervous systems tend to
blindly move away from such, based upon the Thermodynamic gradient that
learning entails... in other words, people hate understanding because,
over the short term, copping out to Ignorance requires less work...
which has been what's addressed by my signature file all along...

...folks would rather hate ("move-away-from") understanding than acquire
the ability to think its thought... kind of sorrowful, eh?

...but for this one point of Ignorance, Savagery persists among
humans... folks would rather murder one another... folks would rather
murder their own Children and the Children of others, than do the
relatively-little work that's required to understand how our nervous
systems process information... ken collins