micro mods to neurons

kenneth paul collins KPCollins at postoffice.worldnet.att.net
Tue Oct 15 15:20:21 EST 1996

Kevin Spencer wrote:

> kenneth paul collins <KPCollins at postoffice.worldnet.att.net> writes:
>
> >...there is an unusual aspect of Duality Theory's understanding...
> >it is that, if the understanding is attacked and/or rejected,
> >before it is understood, the theory's position becomes
> >substantiated in the very act of "rejecting" it... (for those who
> >have it, see AoK, Ap10)...
>
> It sounds as though Duality Theory cannot be disproven, which would
> mean it's not a scientific theory -- its predictions must be falsifiable.
> In that case, this newsgroup is really not an appropriate forum to
> discuss this theory.

...Kevin, that's not it... DT explains how prejudice toward that which is
merely familiar arises within our nervous systems... so if one "rejects" DT's
 position without, first, having come to understand DT's position, in
clinging to that with which they are familiar as the basis of "rejecting"
that with which they are unfamiliar, one is behaving in a way that
substantiates the theory they are "rejecting"...

...as far as I know, DT is the only theory that has this "peculiar"
quality... ken collins