An Open Letter to Neuroscience

kenneth paul collins KPCollins at postoffice.worldnet.att.net
Tue Oct 15 18:06:42 EST 1996

...so why all of the "hard words" in this "open letter
to neuroscience"...?

...try to "stand in my shoes" a bit... I undertook "my"
research because I saw how the phenomenon of prejudice
=nonsensically= devastates Lives...

...I worked dedicatedly, but I didn't ask anything of
anyone until I'd brought things to fruition... then I
sought to bring the understanding forward, but could
make no headway... for the better part of 2 decades,
I've been asking that the Science be communicated...
there has been no response from Neuroscience...

...and so, the "hard words" of this letter...

...it's not my intention to single anyone out, or
anything of the kind... I've looked for other ways for
20 years =precisely= because I didn't want to "hassle"
folks...

...the "hard words" mean only this: I intend to bring
Duality Theory's understanding forward... it is with
respect to =this=... my obligation to Science... that I
ask that you "stand in my shoes"...

...there's just no way that I can "excuse" myself from
the need to bring the Science forward... but to bring
the Science forward I =have to= reach out to the
community of researchers, don't I...? I can't very-well
get the understanding communicated without bringing it
before the community of researchers...

...in the past, I've tried to do this via snail mail,
telephone calls, visits, seeking out folks at
conferences, etc... I did everything I could to work
within "the system"... I understood that folks were busy
with their own research, etc... so I was patient... and
all the while, I witnessed folks lives being devastated
by the dynamics that Duality Theory's understanding
ameliorates...

...so it's come to this... it's clear to me that I can
no longer fail those who suffer while "politely" asking
folks in Neuroscience to allow Duality Theory's
understanding to be communicated...

...so I'm just going to communicate it... wherever I
can... it's so sorrowful... in order to just meet my
obligation as Scientist... in the act of such... no
matter what I do, unless someone in Neuroscience says,
"OK, let's have a look"... unless that... in order to
just do my Science, all of my reaching out to
Neuroscience simultaneously discloses the "heart" of
Neuroscience, doesn't it...?

...it is =this= that all the "hard words" of the "open
letter" are all about... I will do nothing other than
what Science requires of "Scientist"... work to get the
Science communicated...

...it will be Neuroscience, itself, that that will
be the one who will speak all of the "hard words"...

...everyone will "bash" me for what Neuroscience says
about itself... but I will not be deterred by such...

...can't anyone see that I'm making one last attempt to
plead with Neuroscience... "do the right thing"... do
Science... ken collins