Brain and pharmaceutics

Robert Arnott R.H.Arnott at
Thu Oct 17 06:34:30 EST 1996

On 14 Oct 1996, Stefanie A. Potthoff wrote:

> I need to know about the different effects that different
> types of psychopharmaceutics have on the brain.
> For example the effect that illegal drugs have on the brain
> (like heroin, amphetamine etc.) but also legal drugs
> like Medazepam or Diazepam (german names).

Another nice book is 'Drugs and the Brain' by Solomon Snyder, which
combines clearly explained pharmacology with good illustrations,
descriptions of effects and transcripts of reports of early experiences
with mind-altering drugs.

Snyder, S.H. (1986):  Drugs and the Brain.   New York:  Scientific American
ISBN 0-7167-5015-5

Best wishes,

Robert Arnott,
Centre for Research in Anaesthetic Mechanisms,
Department of Biomedical Science,
The University of Sheffield,
S10 2TN

email   r.h.arnott at