Red color vision for the color blind?

Ron Blue rcb1 at LEX.LCCC.EDU
Fri Oct 18 12:06:35 EST 1996

Success for the color of RED may now exist for a red/green
color blind student.  The color of blue was created and
reported previously for two blue/yellow color blind students
using the subjective color machine.

Since I had not been successful for red/green students I
assumed the frequency and timing was off.  Fortunately,
I may have found a cheap way around the problem.

A student who use to see ALL the colors became color blind
for red/green due to an accident in childhood.
By using a 3x5 card supported on the edge with rubber bands
and having the eyes closed and looking into an overhead
projector, the student could modulate the card back and
forth to create the FLASH rate to generate the color
or RED.  He said it was RED a color he had not seen before.
He knew it was red.  This could have been from his
childhood memories.

Why an overhead projector with the florescent lights turn off?
A electric current heats up a wire to glow.  As the current
goes down the element still glows for a while so it is not
really oscillating at 60 cycles per second.

The flash rate for the red color experience is estimated at
10 cycles per second.

Ron Blue