seeking references for visual pathwayv

Hannah Dvorak hdvorak at
Fri Oct 18 12:55:42 EST 1996

Your reference list, so far, doesn't appear to go much beyond the retina.
Once you get up into the cortex, you'll want to search for authors like
David van Essen, David Hubel and Torsten Wiesel, etc.  The textbook
"From Neuron to Brain" by Nicholls, Martin and Wallace, goes into a
lot of detail about the visual system.

In article <325D9FC1.41C67EA6 at>, steve at says...
>        I am working on my masters thesis which requires a detailed review of
>the visual pathway.  I am starting with the biochemistry of
>transduction, moving through to the cerebral cortex, maybe going as far
>as V4.  I have a starting list of references, which I will include here,
>but it seems to be rather limited.  If you have any suggestions for
>articles that may be good to read about any part of the visual pathway,
>please let me know.  Thank you.

Hannah Dvorak
Division of Biology 216-76
California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125