Hitting head, seeing stars

Lee Kent Hempfling lkh at mail.cei.net
Sat Oct 19 10:18:09 EST 1996

sblack at UBISHOPS.CA (Stephen Black) enunciated:

>On Sat, 19 Oct 1996, Lee Kent Hempfling wrote:

You will notice ONE >

>> >On 17 Oct 1996, Stephen Black wrote:

You will notice 3 > which means what you wrote is NOT HERE since there
are no more >> >

>                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> <snip>

You will notice 2 > That I snipped what you referred to...

>> In other input receptors the sensation of pain is a physical
>> aggravation. In vision, the sensation of pain is reflected in intense
>> values that are registered as bright lights. Seeing 'stars' is the
>> value of visual input nearing neutral (excess value, whether it be by

You will notice 2 > which means I wrote this.

>This is the only list where I have this problem. I referred to it before
>obliquely but that didn't do any good, and it's starting to bug me, so
>I'll be explicit this time. I did NOT write the above. Would people
>please be careful when attributing quoted material.

You will notice 1 > which means you wrote this

>I'm sure whoever wrote that (and I have an idea) isn't happy about having
>my name attached to his words either.

Actually, your posts are highly respected.

>-Stephen

>Stephen Black, Ph.D.                      tel: (819) 822-9600 ext 2470
>Department of Psychology                  fax: (819) 822-9661
>Bishop's University                    e-mail: sblack at ubishops.ca
>Lennoxville, Quebec
>J1M 1Z7
>Canada

You will notice NO > here since I wrote this, this time.
The only error here was in my shorthand I neglected to announce
_what_ I snipped..... the next time I'll be less concerned with band
width and redundancy and more with which > is attributed to which >>
brought on by which >> >.

Cheers.
lkh
Lee Kent Hempfling...................|lkh at cei.net