Sign your name and send it if you agree

kenneth paul collins KPCollins at postoffice.worldnet.att.net
Sat Oct 19 21:01:42 EST 1996

James Woodson wrote:

> to Ken P. Collins,
>                 By now I am sure you are well aware of the controversy and
> outright problems your postings have caused on the neuroscience site.

...please explicitly describe what you refer to as "controversy and outright
problems"...

> I understand that your intentions are good,

...they are, but such is irrelevant in a Scientific discussion...

> however, your interpretation of current topics is, shall we say, beyond the
> readership of the site,

...I ask that this be made explicit... succinctly, please tell me what, in anything
I've posted, is not thoroughly-substantiated by the experimental results... (I can
save you the trouble... everything I've posted is thoroughly substantiated by a
verified body of experimental results)

> and as such is not going over very well.

...I'm willing to continue discussing things until folks's questions are resolved to
their satisfactions...

> I appeal to your good nature to stop causing the problem, and leave this site.

...I do see a "problem", but if this is, in fact, a Neuroscience place, it is not me
who should "stop causing the problem"...

> I assure you, I am speaking for most if not all other members, with whom I have
> been in continuous contact over the last few weeks.

...kindly, speak for yourself, and allow folks to speak for themselves...

> Please stop posting here.

...please post an ethical rationale for proposing such censorship... (claiming that
this or that has happened behind closed doors is unsatisfactory... if there is an
ethical rationale, please state it explicitly)

> Monitor all you wish, but please leave.

...I will leave when Neuroscience has been well served...

>         I apologise for being so direct, but if you need further input, I'm
> sure you will get it very soon.
>                                                 James Woodson

...the problem is not your being "do direct"... the problem is that you have said
"leave" without supplying any ethical rationale...

Kindly, make things explicit... what is the nature of the "crime" I've commited that
warrants the banishment that you've proposed...? ken collins